2) Download the 10g Sample Sales data set on a server on which Oracle BI 11g is installed.
3) Unzip the Sample Sales data set. You should see four new files:
5) Now copy the “Sample_Sales_V1.3_Webcat.zip” in to “Sample_Sales_V1.3_Webcat” subfolder and extract all. You will have 10 g sample sales catalog in the folder.
6) Create a new directory named "deliveries" in “SampleSales\Sample_Sales_V1.3_Webcat”. In 10g, the deliveries directory is a special directory used for data such as Dashboard snapshots used by Briefing Books. The directory is called deliveries by default and is located in the OracleBIData\web\catalog directory. In many cases, the 10g directory is empty. If the 10g deliveries directory is not available, any empty directory named deliveries can be given for upgrade. If Upgrade Assistant finds a directory called deliveries in the same folder as the catalog, it is selected by default.
7) Sample_Sales_V1.3_Dataset.zip contains a sample set of data in XML format for display in Oracle BI dashboards. To make this data available for queries, extract Sample_Sales_V1.3_Dataset.zip to the following location:
Note:when I installed the OBIEE 11.1.16 on my laptop and navigated to the below folder, as said in the documentation path below, I didn’t find the server folder
. It is just
So what I did was created a folder called server and dragged and dropped the sample folder inside server folder. Now I have the files in the specified path in the oracle Documentation.
Upgrading the Oracle BI Repository and Catalog
1) Navigate to the following folder
2) Double-click ua.bat to open Upgrade Assistant in the graphical user interface mode and follow the screen shots below.
You can check the log file @ C:\BIHOME\Oracle_BI1\upgrade\logs. If any errors occur during upgrading
1) Login to Oracle Enterprise Manager http://localhost:7001/em
2) In the left pane, expand Business Intelligence > coreapplication.
3) In the right pane, select the Overview page and confirm that all system components are available.
4) Select the Deployment page.
5) Select the Repository subtab. This page shows the current installed repository. Notice that the Upgrade Assistance automatically uploaded the upgraded repository to the BI Server domain. In this example, the repository is named as samplesales_BI0002.
Verifying Repository Metadata:
1) Open the repository in the offline mode
2) Please give your Repository password which you have mentioned in screen 3 of 8 in the upgrading process.
You will see screen as below
4) Set the value to the OB_EE_HOME variable
5) Go to Select Manage > Variables to open Variable Manager
7) Click ok to close.
8) Now check in the changes. Do not Do any global consistence check at this point just save.
Note : nQSError: 37005 Transactional Update Failed
If you get this error do the following
Verifying Reports and Dashboards
1) Login to OBIEE Home Page and Login
5) Select sample sales subject area
6)You will see the below screen where you can build the sample report
17) Now build Sample report
Source : Oracle's website.
I just followed the above document and did the upgrade from 10G to 126.96.36.199 version of OBIEE.